- Job Listings
To be eligible for this position, you are required to take the Attorney III Exam. To take the exam, please click here.
The final filing date for the Attorney III position is 1/22/2022 which means all your application materials need to be submitted online or postmarked by this date.Position Summary
Are you an attorney who has a strong history of core legal experience, the ability and confidence to take on a wide array of legal issues, and who is public service minded and ready to take your career to the next level? If so, the DGS Office of Legal Services (OLS) has an opportunity for you!
Our team of attorneys at DGS perform a wide variety of functions, such as reviewing state contracts for compliance with state law, providing legal support for DGS programs on construction and real estate matters, advising boards and commissions, assisting with employment law matters, and delivering the general legal guidance that is needed to support the many business functions and services that DGS provides throughout the state.
As an Attorney III, you may be responsible for:
- Providing advice and counsel on matters pertaining to state contracting, procurement and personnel matters
- Analyzing and reviewing contract solicitations to ensure legal compliance for DGS program and state agencies
- Presiding over bid protests to issue final decisions to ensure compliance with competitive bidding rules
- Representing DGS in hearings involving sensitive personnel matters or administrative decisions rendered by DGS
- Serving as the department’s liaison with the Deputy Attorney General representing the department in litigated matters
If you want to find purpose in the work that you do by working for a public organization that provides valuable legal services to Californians, then this is an amazing opportunity-apply today!
Desirable qualifications may include:
- Legal experience with state contracting
- Prior employment law experience
- Litigation experience
- Interest in researching novel areas of law
- A dynamic organization with a culture that centers on our employees, vision, and values
- Experienced management dedicated to staff and public service
- Great compensation opportunities & full benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Health, dental & vision insurance for the entire family
- Excellent pension plan
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact the DGS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a job opening available that you think would be appropriate for our membership base, please use THIS LINK to submit to CJA Headquarters.