- 2014 Retired Judges Conference Registration Now Open!
- Press Release - 2013 Wilmont Sweeney Juvenile Court Judge of the Year
- COMMISSION ON JUDICIAL PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCES JUDGE ERICA R. YEW TO SERVE AS CHAIRPERSON AND ANTHONY P. CAPOZZI, ESQ. TO SERVE AS VICE-CHAIRPERSON
- Judge Glusman Elected 2013/2014 President of the California Judges Association
- Judicial Nominee Evaluations Commission – Electronic Confidential Comment Forms
- Recruiting Announcement - 2014 Judicial Nominee Evaluations Commission
- Proposed Rule Amendments and Additions of CJP Rule Changes
- New Job Listings Page - Now Live (click here)
- How to Implement Prop 36 changes to Three Strikes
- CJA proposals for CJP rule amendments and additions
- California Judges Association Frequently Asked Questions on AB 340 and changes to the Judicial Retirement Systems (JRS & JRSII)
- The Role of the Juvenile Court Judge: Practice and Ethics
- CJA’s JetPAC Contributes $22,000 to Judges’ Campaigns
- FPPC Form 700 Information
The California Judges Association was established in 1929 and is the professional association representing the judiciary of the State of California. Members include judges of the Superior Courts and Courts of Appeal, Commissioners of State courts and State Bar Court judges. Judges retired from these courts are also members.
CJA is a voluntary, not-for-profit public benefit corporation, 501(c)(6), and is supported primarily by membership dues.
The CJA web site is made possible by the generous contributions of the California Judges Foundation. Click here to view the California Judges Foundation Executive Board.
Welcome to the Public website for the California Judges Association (CJA) and the California Judges Foundation (CJF).
The California Judges Foundation was founded in 1966 as a § 501 (c)(3)non-profit, tax-exempt corporation. CJF is administered by the CJAstaff and supervised by a nine-person Board of Directors.
CJF is dedicated to educating the public about the importance of an impartial judiciary for the administration of Justice and is proud to support the funding for the public portion of this website. Because of the support of the Judges, Justices and Commissioners of California, CJF has been responsible for the Second Edition of Judge David Rothman's California Judicial Conduct Handbook – the undisputed treatise on Judicial Ethics. This book is provided free to every bench officer in the State courtesy of CJF and is also available for purchase.
The work of CJA and CJF would not be possible without the support of Bench officers. Please support your foundation and efforts to educate the citizens of California about the need and value of an ethical, fair and impartial judiciary.
California Judges Foundation
2520 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833