- CALIFORNIA JUDGES ASSOCIATION ISSUES STATEMENT REGARDING THE RECALL EFFORT AGAINST ORANGE COUNTY JUDGE MARC KELLY
- Judicial Council Distinguished Service Awards nominations now being accepted
- Watch the Form 700 Filing Requirement Webinar
- JUDGE STACY BOULWARE EURIE IS THE 2014 WILMONT SWEENEY JUVENILE COURT JUDGE OF THE YEAR
- Judge Weber Elected 2014/2015 President of the California Judges Association
- CJA’s JetPAC CONTRIBUTES OVER $25,000 TO JUDGES’ CAMPAIGNS
- California Judges Association Mid-Year Conference
- Recruiting Announcement - 2015 Judicial Nominee Evaluations Commission
The California Judges Association was established in 1929 and is the professional association representing the judiciary of the State of California. Members include judges of the Superior Courts and Courts of Appeal, Commissioners of State courts and State Bar Court judges. Judges retired from these courts are also members.
CJA is a voluntary, not-for-profit public benefit corporation, 501(c)(6), and is supported primarily by membership dues.
The CJA web site is made possible by the generous contributions of the California Judges Foundation. Click here to view the California Judges Foundation Executive Board.
Welcome to the Public website for the California Judges Association (CJA) and the California Judges Foundation (CJF).
The California Judges Foundation was founded in 1966 as a § 501 (c)(3)non-profit, tax-exempt corporation. CJF is administered by the CJAstaff and supervised by a nine-person Board of Directors.
CJF is dedicated to educating the public about the importance of an impartial judiciary for the administration of Justice and is proud to support the funding for the public portion of this website. Because of the support of the Judges, Justices and Commissioners of California, CJF has been responsible for the Second Edition of Judge David Rothman's California Judicial Conduct Handbook – the undisputed treatise on Judicial Ethics. This book is provided free to every bench officer in the State courtesy of CJF and is also available for purchase.
The work of CJA and CJF would not be possible without the support of Bench officers. Please support your foundation and efforts to educate the citizens of California about the need and value of an ethical, fair and impartial judiciary.
California Judges Foundation
2520 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833