- Judicial Nominee Evaluations Commission – Electronic Confidential Comment Forms
- Recruiting Announcement - 2014 Judicial Nominee Evaluations Commission
- Proposed Rule Amendments and Additions of CJP Rule Changes
- April 5-7, 2013 -- CJA Springtime Conference, Renaissance Hotel, Palm
- February 16, 2013 -- CJA/TRG Employment Law Seminar, Universal City Hilton Hotel, Universal City, CA.
- April 20-27, 2013 -- CJA education & cultural visit to Washington DC!
- October 11-13, 2013 -- CJA Annual Meeting & Conference, Monterey Plaza Hotel, Monterey, CA.
- New Job Listings Page - Now Live (click here)
- JUDGE DONNA QUIGLY GROMAN IS THE 2012 WILMONT SWEENEY JUVENILE COURT JUDGE OF THE YEAR
- How to Implement Prop 36 changes to Three Strikes
- CJA proposals for CJP rule amendments and additions
- California Judges Association Frequently Asked Questions on AB 340 and changes to the Judicial Retirement Systems (JRS & JRSII)
- 2012-2013 Committees Sign-up Form Online
- Judge Allan D. Hardcastle Elected 2012/2013 President of the California Judges Association
- The Role of the Juvenile Court Judge: Practice and Ethics
- CJA’s JetPAC Contributes $22,000 to Judges’ Campaigns
- Positions Available for the 2013 Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation
- FPPC Form 700 Information
- The Western San Bernardino County Bar Association's 3rd Annual "Judicial Officer of the Year" Award's Dinner to Honor Judge Ben T. Kayashima
- Supreme Court Approves Rules and Procedures for Committee on Judicial Ethics Opinions
- Judge Katherine Lucero of Santa Clara Superior Court is the Wilmont Sweeney Juvenile Court Judge of the Year for 2011
The California Judges Association was established in 1929 and is the professional association representing the judiciary of the State of California. Members include judges of the Superior Courts and Courts of Appeal, Commissioners of State courts and State Bar Court judges. Judges retired from these courts are also members.
CJA is a voluntary, not-for-profit public benefit corporation, 501(c)(6), and is supported primarily by membership dues.
The CJA web site is made possible by the generous contributions of the California Judges Foundation. Click here to view the California Judges Foundation Executive Board.
Welcome to the Public website for the California Judges Association (CJA) and the California Judges Foundation (CJF).
The California Judges Foundation was founded in 1966 as a § 501 (c)(3)non-profit, tax-exempt corporation. CJF is administered by the CJAstaff and supervised by a nine-person Board of Directors.
CJF is dedicated to educating the public about the importance of an impartial judiciary for the administration of Justice and is proud to support the funding for the public portion of this website. Because of the support of the Judges, Justices and Commissioners of California, CJF has been responsible for the Second Edition of Judge David Rothman's California Judicial Conduct Handbook – the undisputed treatise on Judicial Ethics. This book is provided free to every bench officer in the State courtesy of CJF and is also available for purchase.
The work of CJA and CJF would not be possible without the support of Bench officers. Please support your foundation and efforts to educate the citizens of California about the need and value of an ethical, fair and impartial judiciary.
California Judges Foundation
2520 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833